Top 5 ways your company can take advantage of social networksSocial media is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal offices these days as our Social Madness competitors warms up and as we continue to boost the newsroom's online existence.
Social Madness motivates local businesses to step up their social networks video game and get people engaged with their companies, starting with a Houston-only competition that will send 3 finalists from our location into a nationwide occasion.
I'm frequently asked why social media matters, and how something apparently so ambiguous to some people can be so essential.
Social media helps enhance all the fundamental pillars of excellent business, such as engaging with the general public, transforming on-the-fence onlookers into revenue-generating clients, and attending to customer service problems.
Here are five of the most significant upsides to social media:
1. Customer engagement. An easy search on a social networks website is the best start. If you're trying to introduce your company, a search can help you discover a community of individuals thinking about your field. If individuals are currently speaking about your brand, you can join in the conversation. If the discussion is positive, present a call to action to motivate individuals to buy. If you hear a negative comment, fend off those prospective risks by setting the record directly. The best part? Social media is conversational in nature, so people want to talk. Connect, and you'll be pleased with the results.
2. Revenue production. Social network expands your exposure, increases traffic to your website, develops interest in what you offer, and gives you the opportunity to provide promos or specials to seal the deal. The social networks website Pinterest is a fantastic example of how social networks can assist you meet profits objectives. According to data from Emily Carr University of Art and Design mentioned in the Harvard Business Review, nearly 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later buy online. Information from shopify.com discovered that buyers referred to an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent most likely to purchase.
However not simply retailers can take advantage of social networks. Take a look at American Express's content marketing campaign, Open Forum. AmEx produced an online neighborhood of posts and resources for business owners, sponsored by the brand however not straight offering anything. The goal is to provide a service and after that establish commitment that will move to other business deals.
3. Building loyalty. Clients are most likely to stick with your brand name if they trust you. Social media can boost this. If you can reveal that your business lives by its values, people with the exact same values will react-- and those images of your workplace Halloween celebration play a role, giving a peek of your personality to make your company stand apart.
Social network improves the relationship with customers by developing open lines of interaction. If a customer tweets a concern or problem about a brand name and is immediately responded to, that really reinforces the bond with the brand. Exist in the discussion and consumers will appreciate it.
4. Thought management. You can get in touch with your fans and read more followers, and fulfill brand-new ones, by dropping the salesmanship and engaging in an intellectual discussion about your area of competence. Franklin Templeton Investments is a fine example of a company utilizing Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts valuable tidbits like real-time market updates, quotes from Benjamin Franklin website and links to longer blog posts written by financiers. Not every post straight includes the trading of bonds or stocks, however by offering insight to financiers, a company can show that it knows exactly what it's speaking about, and people may click here think about working with it the next time.
5. Search engine optimization. As much as word-of-mouth works, many people go straight to Google to search for exactly what they need. Having active accounts on various social networks sites can help put your company higher in page rankings and more likely to show up in a search.
Believe you're all set to get started? Think you need help intensifying exactly what you currently have? Hope you'll expect my continuing series of posts about how finest to get going on various social media websites.